Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HD vs SD Movies

Is there a significant difference between the way HD and SD movies look on the iPad?
I have downloaded a few episodes of the TV show "V" in both and could not see any big difference.
Thanks.

PC, Windows XP

Posted on Apr 23, 2010 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2010 2:49 PM

On any screen the size of the ipad(or even up to 40"), you won't.
It's rather a pointless feature(unless outputing to a HDTV) that just looks good in the specs to those who don't know any better.
10 replies

Jul 3, 2010 10:45 AM in response to swandy

I agree with the previous posts. I've just downloaded from iTunes two episodes of Doctor Who - one SD and one HD - and I can see no real differences on the iPad screen.

Are iPad users more or less unanimous on this or does anyone disagree? We've only had three posts on this so far (all on the same side) so I thought it might be interesting to throw the question out more widely and invite views!

Jul 11, 2014 2:25 AM in response to swandy

I convinced myself HD was superior to SD enough to make the purchase, but halfway through the movie I realized that once again I had duped myself into justingying a needless expense. The SD picture is plenty, plenty good, takes MUCH less time to download, and takes up less storage space on your hard drive. I will never be getting a film in HD again, unless it's a major, major sci-fi special effects bonanza!!!

HD vs SD Movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.