Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Square Trade, is this company reliable for warranty coverage?

I have just purchased an iPhone as well as waiting on the 3G Ipad but have not purchased the Apple Icare on either! Someone recommended to me Square Trade. Since it's not Apple and if soemthing malfunctions or breaks and needs to be fixed do they reapir them with refurbished products? Is it guaranteed even to get your product back? Does anyone have experience with using Square Trade?
Need some insight please!

HP Pavilion Dv6338se, HP Desktop, Windows Vista

Posted on Apr 23, 2010 5:36 PM

10 replies

Apr 25, 2010 10:46 PM in response to PogoPossum

The Applecare warranty isn't insurance and it really doesn't protect you from much except if something goes wrong with the device that they deem is not your fault. I never buy these Applecare Warranties I think they are a waste of money. Apple has burned many folks with these warranties, but if something does go wrong you are covered provided they don't try to say it was your fault.

SquareTrade is legit and they do what they say. I've purchased a couple of their insurance plans and I've only had to use it once and it was due to dropping my phone in the water. I shipped it in and they gave me replacement cost to go buy a new one. The full retail replacement cost I might add, not the discount rate that you may or may not be elibible for.

Apr 27, 2010 10:21 PM in response to TiffanyNicole

I bought two warranties from Square Trade so far. The first I purchased for my Powerbook that I bought from eBay. I gave it to my son for college and thought it was a good idea. The second warranty I bought from them was to cover my iPhone 3GS. The price was reasonable and I'm a klutz at times. 🙂 My third will be to cover my iPad. I plan to purchase it next Monday.

Message was edited by: Mark Farner

Message was edited by: Mark Farner

Apr 28, 2010 7:13 AM in response to TiffanyNicole

If you have homeowner's or renter's insurance, talk to your insurance agent before you purchase third-party insurance plans. You can often get a rider on your home/rental policy to cover specific devices at a significantly lower cost than the cost from independent companies for that one device only. Not always, but it will be worth checking before you buy other insurance.

If you do need to go with a separate company, check out Safeware. Though I've never used them myself, that's the company my previous university recommended.

Regards.

Square Trade, is this company reliable for warranty coverage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.