Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is a screen protecter really necessary on the ipad?

how many of u guys use a screen protecter ? and how many of u guys use the ipad as is thanks?

macbook pro13inch, Mac OS X (10.6.3), 32gig ipad,iphone 3g 8gig

Posted on Apr 24, 2010 5:57 PM

11 replies

Apr 24, 2010 9:09 PM in response to go lakers

Absolutely a waste of money in my opinion. I think it would be wiser to spend you money just getting a really nice case. The one that Apple has is okay, but there are some really nice leather ones that afford a little more protection should you drop it. Then again as big as that screen is if it hits the right way should you drop it, chances are the display will go bye bye. Those display are more rugged than they look though just for daily use.

May 5, 2010 10:37 AM in response to go lakers

I was told by a genius at the Apple Store on 4/3 that a screen protector wasn't needed because the screen was virtually indestructible (and I suspect they did not have any for sale on Day 1, but it may have been due to the fact that I was wild-eyed and dripping wet after standing in line for 2+ hours that morning). So I thought I was covered by just using the black Apple iPad cover.

Unfortunately, I decided to clean off the fingerprints from my iPad yesterday and was greeted by a relatively deep scratch, about .25 inches long (fortunately it is near the middle left edge of the screen and not too visible). I have no idea how it got there.

So ... I am in the market for a screen protector now. I purchased an Invisible Shield for 25 clams at Best Buy, but am looking to repair the scratch before I put my shields up.

May 10, 2010 10:57 AM in response to MyPad

I have a screen protector on my iPhone and I like it. My experience with my iPad has been different. After putting one on my iPad I found I still managed to get finger prints on it (it was an non-glare type) and that it was harder to wipe the finger prints off the protector than it was off the un-protected iPad screen itself. I removed the protector and feel no need to put another one on.

is a screen protecter really necessary on the ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.