Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Snow Leopard and exFAT?

I have a USB external hard drive that I use with my Windows 7 computer that I also want to use with my Macbook Pro. Can Snow Leopard read and write to my external hard drive if I format it with the exFAT file system? Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15", Mac OS X (10.6.3), iPod 5th gen late 2006 30GB  iPod Shuffle 2GB  iPod Touch 2nd gen 8GB

Posted on Apr 24, 2010 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2010 6:02 PM

Can Snow Leopard read and write to my external hard drive if I format it with the exFAT file system?

No.

(51463)
8 replies

Jun 19, 2010 2:00 PM in response to Entegy

The exfat file system allows one on a windows 7 system to read and copy files greater then 4 GB to a drive that has been formatted with the exfat file system is why it would be better if the MAC OS was able to read and write to a disk that was formatted exfat. Also I have never been able to success
write to an NTFS disk using my MAC system even after downloading what was recommended above

Snow Leopard and exFAT?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.