Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stanza on the iPad, what does it look like?

Stanza is great on the iPhone and iPod Touch.

How does it look on the iPad? Anyone using it as their reader?

Anyone know if they're coming out with a version for the iPad?

Or has Amazon squelched development after they bought it?

MacBook Pro (early fall 2008), Mac OS X (10.5.5), Sad MBP! Keycaps wearing out, hard drive noisy, stage lights!

Posted on Apr 25, 2010 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2010 2:35 PM

Stanza comes up on the iPad in a 4" x 2.75" window ( a sub-window, if you will). You can use a 2X icon on the screen, but it gets rather pixelated. Reading from that small window will be the same as reading from your Touch or iPhone.

I read somewhere that there may not be an iPad version of Stanza; speculation, mostly. Since Amazon owns it, they would naturally want to escalate the use of the Kindle app for iPad. Perhaps once Amazon feels more secure about its niche on the iPad, they'll consider allowing Stanza to be iPad-ized.
8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2010 2:35 PM in response to AstroMacMan

Stanza comes up on the iPad in a 4" x 2.75" window ( a sub-window, if you will). You can use a 2X icon on the screen, but it gets rather pixelated. Reading from that small window will be the same as reading from your Touch or iPhone.

I read somewhere that there may not be an iPad version of Stanza; speculation, mostly. Since Amazon owns it, they would naturally want to escalate the use of the Kindle app for iPad. Perhaps once Amazon feels more secure about its niche on the iPad, they'll consider allowing Stanza to be iPad-ized.

Apr 26, 2010 8:02 AM in response to AstroMacMan

The buzz in web forums seems to be that there are no plans to develop an iPad version of Stanza, which is a shame. Kindle looks great on the iPad and I suppose Amazon is investing everything into that. There are free books available at the Kindle store as well as some Project Guttenberg editions, but Stanza makes those so much more easily and readily available. It would be great to have an iPad version.

Jun 4, 2010 2:08 PM in response to jdg000

It looks terrific. I'm thrilled. I kept hearing that they weren't going to do it for the iPad because of the Kindle app, but here it is! Works better than I ever expected. I love Stanza because of the Project Gutenberg downloads easily available and they're as easily available in this new iPad version as they were on the iPhone. Thanks so much, Amazon!

Stanza on the iPad, what does it look like?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.