Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adobe CS2 and Snow Leopard

Hi everyone,

I have a MacBook Pro with a 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor. I installed CS2 months ago with no problem, but since I've upgraded to Snow Leopard I've come across some issues. I had to do a complete wipe and used Snow Leopard instead of the original DVD that came with the laptop (at the suggestion of my IT guy) because of another issue with one of my accounts and since then, some programs need Rosetta to get them opened initially. The only one I'm having a real issue with is my CS2. I can't afford to upgrade, which is why I'm still with CS2. I get the following message: "An error has been detected with a required application library and the product cannot continue. Please reinstall the application."

I have uninstalled, reinstalled and am still getting the same message. Does anyone have any ideas how I can remedy this situation besides upgrading to the newest version.

Thanks,
Jena

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Apr 26, 2010 2:15 PM

7 replies

Apr 26, 2010 5:53 PM in response to musicwind95

Yes, it is all of the CS2 applications. I had originally upgraded from I think Tiger to Leopard then Snow Leopard, then began to experience some problems with some programs. Did the wipe, reinstalled some of programs that I had on here plus some stuff from my back up I did before the wipe.

It's driving me nuts. I worked before, now nothing.

Thanks.

Jul 8, 2010 5:27 PM in response to Jena B

I have been using CS2 for a while, and since I installed Snow Leopard, InDesign CS2 is the one which has given me the most difficult time. Apparently, Rosetta and the PostScript language have some problems communicating together. As soon as I have to do something which involve transparency setting (pasting a graphic from Illustrator, trying to make a PDF which contains an imported Illustrator file...), the application crashes. I tried from InDesign directly (almost never works), from the Print menu (ditto), and sometimes I succeed in making a PS file that goes successfully through Distiller.

I didn't have much trouble with Illustrator and Photoshop, though. The only thing It seems I can do is trying to find me a legit copy of CS4, if such a thing still exists.

Adobe CS2 and Snow Leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.