Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Appleworks 6 to Pages?

Fellow Apple users, I just did an upgrade to iLife '09, and I am currently running Snow Leopard.
I used to use AppleWorks 6 religiously, but started using iWork. I am having trouble printing older AppleWorks drawing docs now.
I didn't do a 'search' so please forgive me if this topic has been touched on before..........

My question , is there some simple way to drag, or convert my older drawing docs from AppleWorks to Pages?

I really do not have the patience to redo nearly 50 drawing docs if there is a simpler solution out there that I am not aware of.

Thanks in advance,

iMacPowerPCG5, Mac OS X (10.6.2), iMac 2.4GHz 20" Intel Core 2 Duo, iMac 3.06GHz 21.5" Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Apr 26, 2010 4:41 PM

4 replies

Apr 26, 2010 8:16 PM in response to drumfreak68

A search would have found this question & answer many times.

The iWork applications - Keynote, Pages & Numbers - can only open AppleWorks 6 presentation, word processing & spreadsheet documents, respectively. They will not open any other type of AppleWorks 6 files or any AppleWorks 5 or any version of ClarisWorks files.

The third-party application, EasyDraw, can open AppleWorks draw documents. If you still have access to AppleWorks you can copy the contents of draw documents, paste them into an AppleWorks word processing document in object mode (click the arrow in the tool panel), save the WP document & then open it in Pages. You can copy & paste from AppleWorks to Pages but you would have to do it object by object or it will be one big uneditable object.

There is nothing other than AppleWorks that can open paint or database documents.

User uploaded file

Apr 27, 2010 4:05 AM in response to Peggy

I'm sure Peggy won't mind two corrections/additions:

The drawing program is spelled with a 'Z' EazyDraw (the fingers almost refuse to spell it correctly (incorrectly))!

She's correct that AW database files have no direct analog but the data can be saved as a tab delimited file and Numbers can open that file as a spreadsheet. Many of us started our computer lives using VisiCalc (or another spreadsheet program) and while the data may not look as pretty and arranged neatly, it works. Another (partial) solution is Bento which, I know, doesn't get a lot of respect here for its obvious flaws but for many people it is a completely usable solution. It has a free 30 day trial which is plenty of time to decide if it is serviceable for your needs.

Apr 27, 2010 9:40 AM in response to dwb

Thanks for the spelling "correction." I don't use EazyDraw since I've already converted my AppleWorks draw documents to Pages & Numbers. I did check it out once to confirm that it would open AppleWorks draw documents & it does.

I am well aware that there are ways to get database data from AppleWorks database documents into another format - I've done it myself. But my sentence stands - there is nothing other than AppleWorks that will open an AppleWorks database document.

User uploaded file

Appleworks 6 to Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.