6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2010 9:17 AM by NLEdit
CraigJTMP Level 1 (5 points)
I am trying to render in the Timeline, and now all of a sudden my new project won't let me render, it says, "File Error: Access Denied".

I did all the updates (I was already up to date)
I rebooted.
Of course I have permission for these files.
I am working with captured camera footage from a Sony Handycam HD, that I have used before. I cannot even render the basic video footage.

I appreciate any help anyone might have
Thanks.

Mac Pro Quad Core 2.8 GHz 8 GB, Mac OS X (10.6.3), Snow Leopard - QuickTime X - Final Cut Pro 2
  • Rienk Level 4 (3,155 points)
    • try to set your scratch disk again, although the settings seem to be right. Or temporarily to another disk and switch back later.
    • try selecting parts of the timeline and render those (Command R). It's possible that acces is denied to one of the source files.
    • copy the footage to a new sequence. see if that works.
    • trash preferences.
    • open new project, new sequence, new footage. Does that work?
    • original project, new sequence, new footage. Does that work?
    • original project, new sequence, original footage. Does that work?
    • are there problematic stills in the project? JPEG's. CMYK-based stills (should be RGB)
    • well, whatever...
  • NLEdit Level 4 (1,645 points)
    you know you have permission for the drives. But did you run Disk Utility to fix and broken permissions?
  • CraigJTMP Level 1 (5 points)
    Thanks, I will try all that, and report back.
    worth a try
  • CraigJTMP Level 1 (5 points)
    Trashing the preferences did the trick, solved.

I did that last year to solve a problem, and I can't believe I forgot to try that. Thanks for reminding me guys, and I will also run disk utility to make sure permissions re okay also.

THANKS!!
    the two seem to go hand in hand.