Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages jumps to beginning of document... and rant...

Pages keeps jumping to the beginning of the document whenever I try to edit text in a table. And my tables keep moving around whenever I try to click on a cell. And since saving is automatic, if I forget to hit undo, the table ends up halfway off the document.

I'm finding iWork for iPad almost unusably buggy and counterintuitive. Where does the Pages formatting bar go in landscape mode? It wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that there's no keyboard shortcut to underline or use italics, so you have to physically rotate the device to get the button to underline titles (after painstakingly selecting the title with the little bars and dots). And keynote NEEDS "start on click" for movies. Is that so difficult? Presenter notes would also be swell, especially since the iPad is already displaying something different than the projector.

Perhaps worst of all, I can't find any kind of "feature request" email link to rant directly at Apple about these (relatively minor) issues. Instead Apple forces users to talk to each other in this forum, where instead of giving feedback to make these products usable we end up debating ad nauseum whether or not the iPad is crap. Or have I missed something?

ipad, iPhone OS 3.1.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2010 10:49 AM

5 replies

Apr 10, 2014 3:21 PM in response to normanfrench

I have similar problems. When using Pages in iCloud, the document keeps drifting back to the top or beginning of the document. I'm wondering, this can't be an intentional attribute, can it? I looked around for some sort of "anti-drift" or lock setting to stop the drfting, but could not find anything. Pages for iCloud will never catch up with Google docs or Word in OneDrive (formerly Skydrive) for stability and functionality. I will remind myself never to come back to iCloud Pages again. Its a waste of time and an exercise in frustration!😕

Apr 11, 2014 7:33 AM in response to staceyjstrickland

1. You are responding to a four year old thread. It is also in a forum for Pages for iOS (Pages for iCloud didn't exist when this thread was started)
  2. The appropriate channel for giving Apple feedback was already provided earlier in the thread.
  3. Pages in iCloud is still officially in beta (as is clearing indicated on the website icons), so yes, there may be some issues and instability

Pages jumps to beginning of document... and rant...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.