Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop iPad from launching Nikon Transfer?

When I connect my iPad to my MacBookPro ( via the USB cable), the Nikon Transfer software launches. This is software provided by Nikon to transfer pictures from my Nikon camera to the Mac. Because connecting the camera to the Mac via USB also launches Nikon Transfer (have it set that way for 2 years now), I assume that the Mac thinks my iPad is the camera. Any idea how to keep Nikon Transfer from launching when the iPad is connected? I am able to do everything in iTunes related to the iPad, so its more an annoyance than actually causing a problem. But still would like to address it if possible.

Thanks and regards,

Mac Book Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Apr 27, 2010 4:34 PM

5 replies

How to stop iPad from launching Nikon Transfer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.