Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad and lala.com

My daughters blog has a playlist from playlist.com and it doesn't play on the iPad, it needs flash to play. Well, I have an extensive playlist on lala.com which Apple owns and it will not play on the iPad, it also needs flash. Well, I'm confused . . .
1. The iPad doesn't support flash, fair enough.
2. lala.com is owned by apple, okay
3. lala.com needs flash to play
4. The iPad doesn't support flash, ah but I'm repeating myself

iMac G5 20

Posted on Apr 28, 2010 11:39 AM

1 reply

Apr 28, 2010 11:49 AM in response to David Brimhall1

Flash is not available with the iPad, with the iPhone, and with the iPod Touch and doubtful it will ever be available. Apple acquired LaLa last December - less than 5 months ago, so doubtful they would be making any drastic changes in less than 5 months such switching to providing the content via an open standard such as HTML5 or in addition to Flash which is closed/proprietary.

Apple has their reasons for purchasing LaLa, which I don't believe was announced with the acquisition, but whatever those reasons are probably won't involve Flash once changes are made or if it is implemented with iTunes in some fashion.

iPad and lala.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.