Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Remote Desktop not running scheduled tasks - server is in Sleep mode

I'm a parent volunteer helping to administer a computer lab at my son's elementary school. the lab has 33 imacs (mix of G5 and early Intel imacs) and OS X 1.5 server running on a headless mac mini. We recently setup a second headless mini as an ARD server.
I created some scheduled tasks to execute daily log-off's and shutdowns, however the tasks did not run as scheduled. My question is, do I have to define the Energy Saver preferences on the ARD server to never sleep? Will ARD tasks still run if the server is in sleep mode?

One final question, if the client imacs are in sleep mode, do I need to execute a task to wake them prior to running the task to log-off/shutdown?

Thanks in advance for your advice and assistance.

imac, mini OS X 10.5 server, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Apr 28, 2010 11:33 AM

2 replies

Apple Remote Desktop not running scheduled tasks - server is in Sleep mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.