Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use the Fedex shipment release form?

My iPad shipped via FedEx. But I'll be at work when it gets here. Can I use Fedex's shipment release authorization form? Will Apple and the Fedex driver respect it in this instance?

iMac Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Apr 29, 2010 7:52 AM

14 replies

Apr 29, 2010 8:54 AM in response to deggie

I was able to use the pre-sign release form for several Apple items, including iPhones and laptops.

It could be that FedEx factors in your residence's surroundings before agreeing to leave high value items laying in the view of the public. I doubt if they will leave a package in an environment where many passing people will see it in an apartment complex or particular types of neighborhoods.

Apr 29, 2010 8:56 AM in response to Mr Grinch

Well that shouldn't be a problem in my case because I won't be asking them to leave the thing out in the open. I'll leave the side door of my garage ajar so they can leave it in my garage and then close the door when they leave (it will lock automatically). You'd think that'd count for something, yes?

(I really don't want to have to call in sick to work over this. Especially since my shift starts at 6:45 AM)

Apr 29, 2010 12:25 PM in response to Babaganoosh

Terms and Conditions

I understand that Apple requires signatures acknowledging receipt of delivered goods. By signing the Shipment Release Authorization form, I hereby authorize Apple's carrier to leave my package at the address I have specified for delivery when placing my order. I understand that, in so doing, I assume the risk of any loss, theft, or destruction, and release Apple and its carriers from all liability that may result from, leaving the package where I have indicated on the Shipment Release Authorization form

Apr 29, 2010 2:45 PM in response to Babaganoosh

The most accurate answer is maybe. I've used the authorization form on many occasions and sometimes my package is left on my back porch as requested and sometimes I find the dreaded FedEx missed delivery flier. There appears to be no rhyme or reason. For example, a Mac mini was delivered. An iLife disc was not. Apparently the driver has some leeway in deciding whether a package is left even when an authorization form has been signed.

Can I use the Fedex shipment release form?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.