Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just signed up - "No data remaining on your current plan"

OK, this is frustrating.

I just got my 3G iPad (32GB) this afternoon at about 2. I signed up for the 250MB/30 days plan from AT&T in the Settings section of the iPad. Afterward it synced my email accounts and downloaded new mail no problem over 3G. Now any app I go into pops up a message: "There is no data remaining on your current plan. Would you like to add more data now? If you don't add now, you can do it later in Settings."

When I click "Now" it brings up the cellular settings which show 0 of 250MB used. But no app will actually use anything. Not even mail anymore. Anyone else getting that or am I alone?

Under "Usage" Cellular Network data says: Sent - 209kb / Received - 1.4 MB

What the heck?

iPad Wifi + 3G, 32GB

Posted on Apr 30, 2010 1:27 PM

14 replies

Apr 30, 2010 1:51 PM in response to Jason L

I'm having the same issue. I have the unlimited data plan, but it keeps telling me that I have no data remaining.

I've contacted AT&T, but they haven't been able to resolve it yet. After about 30 minutes on the phone with me they said they would call me back once they've resolved my issue. That was an hour and a half ago...

Apr 30, 2010 4:17 PM in response to PatCotter

Well, I tried a few things. First I restarted, but still had the same problem. Next I did a factory restore, but all that did for me is that instead of saying "No data remaining" it told me that I needed to sign up for an account. After selecting to do it "Now", reviewing my account info (which was still correct) and exiting back out, my internet connection still didn't work.

So what I tried next was I went into my account info under settings, reentered my billing address, then submitted. Then magically, my internet works again. I don't know why this would fix it. I know my account info was correct, since I used the internet for about an hour after I got my iPad before this problem originally came up. And all I did was I erased a single character at random from my address, reentered it (just to make sure that it would think that I updated something), then reentered my security code for my credit card.

My advice would be to go into your account settings, reenter your security code, then submit it. See if that helps. If not, you could try the factory reset through iTunes like I did, then update your account info.

Hopefully that should get you going too.

Good luck!

Just signed up - "No data remaining on your current plan"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.