Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automatic renewal of iPad 3G data plan !!!

It says everywhere you look that the data plan will automatically renew every month unles auto renew is canceled. But nowhere can you find HOW TO CANCEL AUTORENEW, kind of a cheap shot ATT.

There is a button in the view account area of the cellular data tab under iPad set up that says cancel plan, but I am hesitant to push it for fear of losing my $29, it should say cancel auto renewal of plans if thats what it does.

Someone please tell me how to cancel auto renew please.

Message was edited by: Frank Catanzaro

Message was edited by: Frank Catanzaro

iPad

Posted on Apr 30, 2010 9:27 PM

14 replies

Apr 30, 2010 10:00 PM in response to Frank Catanzaro

I would try to find a way but I forgot my at&t password and their password reset emails are slow as crap.

The AT&T email confirmation of 3G signup states the following:

..."If you purchase a Domestic iPad Plan with a data usage allotment and you use all of your allotment prior to the expiration of the 30 day period, your access to our Data Services will cease for the remainder of the 30 day period. If you want to continue using our Data Services during the remaining 30 day period, you will need to purchase an additional iPad Plan by visiting www.att.com/iPad from your iPad."

From what that tells me, you should be fine.

May 1, 2010 4:39 PM in response to Frank Catanzaro

I received an email confirmation when I signed up for the plan. In the email there is a link to cancel automatic renewal. Must do it from the iPad. Haven't actually done it yet but in a few days. I signed up for the limited plan just to try it out. Thought it best tom do in the early going. I've used 3G some today. No problems.

Oct 28, 2010 4:40 PM in response to Frank Catanzaro

I figured id try it/risk it since I didn't see a definitive answer below..

I just cancelled my plan with a whole month to go and all the data. Result: I can still use the cellular option.

I tested this by canceling the plan this morning, went to work, found the email saying the plan was cancelled when I got home, then I turned off my wi-fi and turned on the cellular and sent an email....all worked and I didn't lose the data I paid for...

Dec 12, 2010 1:55 PM in response to Community User

The original email has the subject of "AT&T Data Plan Purchase Confirmation"

In there is your phone number for the iPad. AT&T prefers you cancel the account from the iPad. If you no longer have access to the device you can call Customer Care (611 from an AT&T phone), follow the prompts for billing and account cancellation. When you speak to someone, you need to give them the phone number associated with the device and the email address you set the data plan up with. This will cancel the account completely; if you ever turn it back on you will need to setup a new account and get a new phone number provisioned.

Jan 26, 2014 8:23 AM in response to VuduPins

Besides calling AT&T and speaking with a representative to cancel the Auto-Renew I think your only other option is using the iPad. I suggest, while leaving the SIM card in, performing a hard boot/reset. Hold the Sleep/Wake and Menu buttons down until the Apple logo appears and fennel release the buttons. Allow the iPad to reset and attempt to access the cellular data functions again.

I hope this helps...

Ryan

Automatic renewal of iPad 3G data plan !!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.