Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 13" can last for 10 hours?

The latest released macbook pro 13" is said to have a powerful battery, it can last for 10 hours. Don't know how this comes out for 10 hours, mine can last for 5 hours the 1st usage.

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Apr 30, 2010 11:21 PM

6 replies

May 1, 2010 2:05 AM in response to rinliang

Hi,

If you look at the blurb about the 13" MacBook Pro it says 'up to 10hrs'.

A new battery may need a few cycles before it's up to maximum capacity. Also to maintain battery life, switch of the things you don't need to use (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi etc) and lower your screen brightness a bit.

This all helps in getting the best from your battery's charge.

A friend has the previous generation 2.26GHz model (up to 7 hrs battery life) and his machine seems to last forever on a charge (even when the battery level is reading 6%) it keeps going.

May 1, 2010 8:40 AM in response to rinliang

I've seen a few reviews out there where they turned the brightness to 50%, wi-fi on with light web browsing (no flash), typing text in Pages and saving/emailing in different occasions. All of the tests came out 9-10 hours on battery.

Just remember doing things like watching Hulu or using flash player will eat up your battery. Doing things like turning off Bluetooth, wi-fi, quitting applications when not using them, even turning down brightness will help save your battery.

Cheers.

May 2, 2010 1:42 AM in response to rinliang

Hey.
I just bought the new Macbook Pro 13" 2,4Ghz with a 500G hard drive yesterday. My battery can also last only 5 hours, not 10 hours. So I was wondering if the capacity of my battery will become better with time of if it will stay the same. ( I turn off the bluetooth but the wifi is always turn on. )

Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english.

May 2, 2010 7:46 AM in response to rinliang

The battery could take a few days of use to fully calibrate with the computer. I've even heard this at the Genius Bar. Let the battery drain all the way down, then fully charge it (may take a few hours) The repeat the cycle a second time.

Since all of the new MacBook Pros come with the new Zinc battery, you don't have to worry about charging it too much. Just make sure you let it run down at least once a month. And if you are not going to be using it for a while, let the battery sit at 50%, shut down the computer and unplug it.

Cheers.

Macbook Pro 13" can last for 10 hours?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.