Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging the iPad issue.......

Ok,for some reason when I have my iPad plugged to my USB port on my PC,it states that it is not being charged.....So I looked this issue up and come to find out,the USB port is apparantly a low powered one(iPad need a 10w or w/e)....But I have also read from somewhere that when the screen is off that it does happen to charge regardless.......Is this true,or am I going to have to start pluging this into the wall at night???

HP Pavilion a6407c, Windows 7, n/a

Posted on Apr 30, 2010 11:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2010 5:06 AM

Charging Tips
The quickest way to charge your iPad is with the included 10W USB Power Adapter. iPad will also charge, although more slowly, when attached to a computer with a high-power USB port (many recent Mac computers) or with an iPhone Power Adapter. When attached to a computer via a standard USB port (most PCs or older Mac computers) iPad will charge, _but only when it's in sleep mode_. Make sure your computer is on while charging iPad via USB. If iPad is connected to a computer that’s turned off or is in sleep or standby mode, the iPad battery will continue to drain.
http://www.apple.com/batteries/ipad.html
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2010 5:06 AM in response to twiztidfreak

Charging Tips
The quickest way to charge your iPad is with the included 10W USB Power Adapter. iPad will also charge, although more slowly, when attached to a computer with a high-power USB port (many recent Mac computers) or with an iPhone Power Adapter. When attached to a computer via a standard USB port (most PCs or older Mac computers) iPad will charge, _but only when it's in sleep mode_. Make sure your computer is on while charging iPad via USB. If iPad is connected to a computer that’s turned off or is in sleep or standby mode, the iPad battery will continue to drain.
http://www.apple.com/batteries/ipad.html

Charging the iPad issue.......

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.