Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to: save pictures from an internet page onto my Mac?

I've just gone from a PC to a Mac, and this may sound like a silly question. Normally i'd right-click and "save as..." on the PC, but I don't know how to do the equivalent on a Mac! Help!

Posted on May 1, 2010 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2010 3:31 PM

Same way except it says Save Image as..
4 replies

May 1, 2010 4:18 PM in response to Kasthu

Hey Kasthu,

Welcome to the world of Mac. It will take a couple of weeks but once you figure out just a few of the important aspects, you will be on your was to figuring these things out.

*First... Right-Click on a Mac is called Secondary Click. Apple mice were made to be ambidextrous. *

In the upper left hand corner, click on the little Apple symbol, then from the drop down menu, click on System Preferences.
Once there, the second row of items has one called TrackPad. Click on TrackPad. If you have one of the new TrackPad/ClickPad type MacBooks, yours will be different than mine, but look for the words "secondary click" in the window. (With mine, I hold 2 fingers on my trackpad while I click the button. This brings up the "right-click" menu.) You will need to check the box if it is un-checked.

Now you will be able to secondary click for the options menu.

Now that you got this figured out, do yourself some exploring of the System preferences settings. You will be amazed at what you find.

Come back again soon with more questions. This is a great community.

Adam

How to: save pictures from an internet page onto my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.