Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Facebook App yet for iPad????

The facebook app ***** on the iPad! the iPhone version of it is waay too small and when you try to make it biger it's all blurry and stuff! I am very disappointed! Does Apple intend on making an app in reasonable proportion for the iPad???

I know that a lot of apps do not have conducive specs for the iPad..but come on!!

iPhone 3GS, iPad 64gb -3G, HP Pavilion Dv6338se, HP Desktop, Windows Vista

Posted on May 1, 2010 8:31 PM

12 replies

May 1, 2010 8:45 PM in response to TiffanyNicole

TiffanyNicole wrote:
Does Apple intend on making an app in reasonable proportion for the iPad???

I know that a lot of apps do not have conducive specs for the iPad..but come on!!

Apple doesn't write the Apps (for the most part - they do have some of their own). Facebook would write the App for facebook!

Jul 22, 2010 4:48 AM in response to Thibault DUPUIS

I use the iPhone app for uploading photos to FaceBook. It's easier and you don't have to email the photos to your account. You can also chat if you wish too. You can't chat using the ipad Safari version. Lastly, you can see responses at a fast glance. If I remember right, it' free.

If I want to use the web version I use Perfect Browser and change Safari to emulate the desktop version. This gives you chat and let's you see who is on line.

Message was edited by: David M Brewer

Jul 22, 2010 12:52 PM in response to gloworm

You can do the something with Safari on yor desktop. Open Safari... Safari Menu... Safari Prefernces... Advance Tab... Check, Show Develop menu in menu bar.

Safari Menu... Develop... User Agent... Pick the browser you want to emulate. When you go to a web site the site will think your using the browser you picked and will display the web page accordingly. Some sites want you to use a particular browser, for example... banks. Sometimes it work and sometimes it doesn't. Basically, you are fooling the web site...

With Perfect Browser you have the same preference setting, it's called web rendering. It has the same browsers you can pick from with one addition, Crome. Perfect Browser has some neat things like, full screen and tabs to name two. It's just as fast as Safari that comes with the iPad. I more conformable with Safari and I use it mainly.

No Facebook App yet for iPad????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.