Skip navigation

No Facebook App yet for iPad????

2279 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: Jul 22, 2010 12:52 PM by David M Brewer RSS
TiffanyNicole Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
May 1, 2010 8:31 PM
The facebook app ***** on the iPad! the iPhone version of it is waay too small and when you try to make it biger it's all blurry and stuff! I am very disappointed! Does Apple intend on making an app in reasonable proportion for the iPad???

I know that a lot of apps do not have conducive specs for the iPad..but come on!!
iPhone 3GS, iPad 64gb -3G, HP Pavilion Dv6338se, HP Desktop, Windows Vista
  • tbuckpummell Level 1 Level 1 (50 points)
    May 1, 2010 8:38 PM (in response to TiffanyNicole)
    just use safari!!
    pc, Windows Vista, na
  • teb Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)
    May 1, 2010 8:45 PM (in response to TiffanyNicole)
    TiffanyNicole wrote:
    Does Apple intend on making an app in reasonable proportion for the iPad???

I know that a lot of apps do not have conducive specs for the iPad..but come on!!

Apple doesn't write the Apps (for the most part - they do have some of their own). Facebook would write the App for facebook!
    2.93 Quad Mac Pro, 15" MBP, 13" MBP, iPad, Mac OS X (10.6.3)
  • Tom Gewecke Level 9 Level 9 (70,850 points)
    May 1, 2010 8:46 PM (in response to TiffanyNicole)
    Does Apple intend on making an app in reasonable proportion for the iPad???

Isn't Facebook responsible for doing that? Tell them you want it.
    iMac Intel/2C2D, eMac G4/700, Mac OS X (10.6), 10.5, 10.4, 10.3, 9.2
  • shilohmedia Calculating status...
    Jul 21, 2010 3:47 PM (in response to Tom Gewecke)
    How do you go about telling them where it may actually do something? Do they have a request/complaints page?

This is truly annoying. How can Facebook actually not have this app produced yet?

Sad to say, since I love my iPad, development is pathetically lacking. I certainly hope this isn't apple holding back developers. We need useful apps.
    Powerbook G4 1.67, Mac OS X (10.4.8)
  • igmackenzie Level 4 Level 4 (2,285 points)
    Jul 21, 2010 4:04 PM (in response to TiffanyNicole)
    You don't need a Facebook app on the iPad. Just use the web page as someone else suggested.
     iPhone 3GS 32Gb iOS 4,  iPad 32Gb 3G
  • Barbara Brundage Level 7 Level 7 (22,075 points)
    Jul 21, 2010 5:46 PM (in response to shilohmedia)
    You did look at the date on this thread? There is an official facebook app, has been one for a while now.
    iMac C2D 2.16, iMac G5 2.1, flat panel imac 700, ibook G4 1G, Performa 6116CD, Mac OS X (10.6.4)
  • Meg St._Clair Level 8 Level 8 (37,475 points)
    Jul 21, 2010 6:02 PM (in response to Barbara Brundage)
    If there is an iPad version of Facebook, I can't find it in the App Store. The only one I can see is the iPhone version, which, as the original poster points out, is kind of ugly on the iPad. I have no problem accessing FB through Safari but sometimes the app is useful.
    MacBook Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.2), Current iPods: 3 Gen Nano 4 gig, 1st gen 16 gig Touch, 3rd Gen 32 gig Touch
  • Thibault DUPUIS Calculating status...
    Jul 22, 2010 3:57 AM (in response to TiffanyNicole)
    The website version of Facebook is better than app
    MacBook Unibody Alu Late 2008, Mac OS X (10.6.4), Core 2 Duo 2Ghz, 2Go DDR3, 160Go HDD.
  • David M Brewer Level 6 Level 6 (9,180 points)
    Jul 22, 2010 4:48 AM (in response to Thibault DUPUIS)
    I use the iPhone app for uploading photos to FaceBook. It's easier and you don't have to email the photos to your account. You can also chat if you wish too. You can't chat using the ipad Safari version. Lastly, you can see responses at a fast glance. If I remember right, it' free.

If I want to use the web version I use Perfect Browser and change Safari to emulate the desktop version. This gives you chat and let's you see who is on line.

Message was edited by: David M Brewer
    G-4 1.2 GIG, 1.5 GIGs of Ram, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Quicktime 7.6.4, FCS2, nano 5th, iPad and a bunch of other stuff...
  • gloworm Level 2 Level 2 (285 points)
    Jul 22, 2010 12:14 PM (in response to David M Brewer)
    ''If I want to use the web version I use Perfect Browser and change Safari to emulate the desktop version. This gives you chat and let's you see who is on line.'''

Could you tell me more about this and how you do this?
    20" 2.66 GHz intel iMac /2.4GHz intel MacBook/iPad, Mac OS X (10.5.8)
  • David M Brewer Level 6 Level 6 (9,180 points)
    Jul 22, 2010 12:52 PM (in response to gloworm)
    You can do the something with Safari on yor desktop. Open Safari... Safari Menu... Safari Prefernces... Advance Tab... Check, Show Develop menu in menu bar.

Safari Menu... Develop... User Agent... Pick the browser you want to emulate. When you go to a web site the site will think your using the browser you picked and will display the web page accordingly. Some sites want you to use a particular browser, for example... banks. Sometimes it work and sometimes it doesn't. Basically, you are fooling the web site...

With Perfect Browser you have the same preference setting, it's called web rendering. It has the same browsers you can pick from with one addition, Crome. Perfect Browser has some neat things like, full screen and tabs to name two. It's just as fast as Safari that comes with the iPad. I more conformable with Safari and I use it mainly.
    G-4 1.2 GIG, 1.5 GIGs of Ram, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Quicktime 7.6.4, FCS2, nano 5th, iPad and a bunch of other stuff...

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.