Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Utilizing a Belkin 2 port USB Print server (F1UP0301)

My son just bought a Macbook Pro and we are trying to get it to work in a home network that is windows based.

We use a Belkin 2 Port USB printer server to share an Epson Stylus Photo R220 and HP LaserJet 1200. With WIndows, its easy to just create an IP Port and assign it to a printer. I can't figure out how to do the same with the Mac. I've downloaded Guttenberg, but can't figure out the exact steps to use it to get to the printers. The print server uses a single ip address and ports 9100 and 9101 to get to each printer.

Guidance (and step by step instructions) would be helpful and appreciated.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.3), iTunes, Windows networks

Posted on May 2, 2010 10:47 AM

2 replies

May 2, 2010 9:06 PM in response to ChazinCT

ports 9100 and 9101 are pretty standard for raw socket-HP Jetdirect printing. In OS X, IP > HP Jetdirect assumes port 9100. So use that simple method for the first printer. For the second printer, you will need to use the "Advanced" protocols and select socket/Jetdirect and enter the complete URI like this:
socket://[IP addresshere]:9101
I'm not sure about the HPLJ 1200 - is it postscript? If so, use the normal driver. But for the Epson, you have to use the Gutenprint driver for network printing - the Epson-provided driver is for USB connections only.

Utilizing a Belkin 2 port USB Print server (F1UP0301)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.