Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wiki Sidebar

I have search through the previous posts regarding this strange situation, but was unable to find a solution.

I want to add a navigation menu to the sidebar of the wiki. I have successfully added one to the front page of the wiki by editing the theme.plist file, but no other pages of the wiki use these sidebar settings. This seems to be by design from Apple, but I cannot understand why.

If I change the .html to .htmlgroup at the end of the url I do get the needed sidebar, but this is useless as the search results only point to the .html address. Also I will need to edit every link in my wiki to point to the .htmlgroup addresses, and as this wiki was imported from a mediawiki site with hundreds of pages, my sanity would be well lost before this would be completed.

I have taken a look at the .xls files in the theme, as these seem to at least partly dictate what is rendered in the browser, but nothing jumps out at me as a solution to my problem.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted on May 2, 2010 8:11 PM

2 replies

May 17, 2010 3:05 PM in response to crazyillini

I have had some luck adding a navigation pane. The file you need to edit is /Library/Application Support/Apple/WikiServer/Themes/themename.wikitheme/default.xsl. I discovered that the sidebar items for all pages can be edited there.

There is a section that starts with <!-- start tags --> and ends with <!-- end tags -->. This is where the code that generates the Tags box in the sidebar is located. I duplicated the div class="tags" section, which gave me a second Tags box on each page. I used that as a starting point to generate a Navigation box. I am still working on it, but that is a starting point.

Message was edited by: JustinYoung

Wiki Sidebar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.