Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need Advice...What's the best document file app out there?

Need some advice!! I am a med student and for my classes I need a file app where I can download and store powerpoint, word docs that the professor gives us as our notes! How can I transfer them and save them on my ipad via a doc app?? Also, is there an app that also can be a document reader...that does both? Would appreciate the help!!

iPhone 3GS, iPad 64gb -3G, HP Pavilion Dv6338se, HP Desktop, Windows Vista

Posted on May 3, 2010 12:32 PM

3 replies

May 3, 2010 1:18 PM in response to TiffanyNicole

GoodReader just added a feature where you can store documents for Pages, Numbers and Keynote in multi-level folders in GoodReader and then open them in the corresponding iWork app. They get added to the file list but still remain in the GoodReader folders. They can be viewed in GoodReader and edited in iWork. I don't believe you can restore edited documents.

In iTunes the complete folders can be saved to OSX disk. You cannot add files directly to the folders in iTunes. You have to sync them individually and then add them to the folders once on the iPad.

Jun 14, 2010 10:34 AM in response to TiffanyNicole

Goodreader will let you sync direct, via WiFi or usb without iTunes. Will this allow you to copy and/or sync a folder structure (say my WORK or SCHOOL folder with 3 or 4 levels of nested folders below it) to my Goodreader?

Preference would be to replace older files with newer, but I'd settle for being able to copy from my pc or usb hard disk in bulk overwriting Goodreader.

Steve

Need Advice...What's the best document file app out there?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.