Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Details

Is there any way to have a copy of a new email that I create sent to a particular folder in my email list. Please do not suggest SmartMailboxes. I've tried this.
On the toolbar under message, there is a drop down that indicates I can select "Copy To." Folders are listed but the menu is grayed out.

Is there a place to indicate whether I want emails that I create copied or NOT?

I am struggling to get the program to save ONLY the emails that I want to save--not the whole kit and caboodle.

Please help me.

iBook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Posted on Nov 22, 2005 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2005 1:19 PM

Lizz, your email boxes should not be gray when you select the Copy to... feature. You must select the mail message first, just highlight it when you click on the message, no need to open it all the way.

For frequent mails you can set up rules that put messages in any mailbox you have created. This does not work directly for mail going OUT (no clue why) but works well for mails coming IN.
For out going mails, I just open the SENT mailbox every now&then, select all and apply the rules by pressing alt-apple-L
7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2005 1:19 PM in response to Lizz

Lizz, your email boxes should not be gray when you select the Copy to... feature. You must select the mail message first, just highlight it when you click on the message, no need to open it all the way.

For frequent mails you can set up rules that put messages in any mailbox you have created. This does not work directly for mail going OUT (no clue why) but works well for mails coming IN.
For out going mails, I just open the SENT mailbox every now&then, select all and apply the rules by pressing alt-apple-L

Nov 22, 2005 1:53 PM in response to Sijmons

Thank you. It's a conundrum--why the boxes are gray.
I am a bit disappointed in Mail and think that Apple could do more.
I love the clean interface, but it lacks some features that I find very helpful.
If I didn't have so many mailboxes, I would go to Entourage, but when I imported from Mail, it was a big mess.
I'm stuck.
😟

Mail Details

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.