Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Mail Details

166 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2005 2:08 PM by Mick Burrell RSS
Lizz Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 22, 2005 11:44 AM
Is there any way to have a copy of a new email that I create sent to a particular folder in my email list. Please do not suggest SmartMailboxes. I've tried this.
On the toolbar under message, there is a drop down that indicates I can select "Copy To." Folders are listed but the menu is grayed out.

Is there a place to indicate whether I want emails that I create copied or NOT?

I am struggling to get the program to save ONLY the emails that I want to save--not the whole kit and caboodle.

Please help me.
iBook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.3)
  • Sijmons Level 4 Level 4 (2,090 points)
    Nov 22, 2005 1:19 PM (in response to Lizz)
    Lizz, your email boxes should not be gray when you select the Copy to... feature. You must select the mail message first, just highlight it when you click on the message, no need to open it all the way.

For frequent mails you can set up rules that put messages in any mailbox you have created. This does not work directly for mail going OUT (no clue why) but works well for mails coming IN.
    For out going mails, I just open the SENT mailbox every now&then, select all and apply the rules by pressing alt-apple-L
    PB G4 17, 1.5 GHz, 1 GB ram, Mac OS X (10.4.3)
  • Mick Burrell Level 3 Level 3 (915 points)
    Nov 22, 2005 1:53 PM (in response to Sijmons)
    For out going mails, I just open the SENT mailbox
    every now&then, select all and apply the rules by
    pressing alt-apple-L

Or use the Filter Sent mail script from here :
    http://homepage.mac.com/aamann/Mail_Scripts.html
    PowerMac G5 DC 2.3 : Powermac G4 DP MDD (FW400) : Powerbook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.2)
    Nov 22, 2005 1:59 PM (in response to Lizz)
    That script worked well on Panther and is still working well on three machines running 10.4.2 - you only have to load it, not undestand it - or I'd be stuck
    PowerMac G5 DC 2.3 : Powermac G4 DP MDD (FW400) : Powerbook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.2)
    Nov 22, 2005 2:08 PM (in response to Lizz)
    I'm sure you won't be sorry. It does say in the instructions that it must be the first rule in your list - and it must! But that's as tricky as it gets. Good luck.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.