Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recurring - Updating Library - Every time I start Aperture 3.03

Every time I start Aperture 3.0.3, Aperture Updates the Library.

Every Time. … That is a lot of hard work for the machine, heating and fan blowing, making the machine slow because it is very busy, doing the same thing over and over.

MacBook Pro 2.4, Dual 1.8 G5, iMac, MacMini, and X-Server, Mac OS X (10.6.3), Aperture - Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon EOS 5D, Adobe RGB, Raw images, Aperture 3.03

Posted on May 5, 2010 10:16 AM

7 replies

May 5, 2010 1:32 PM in response to Jack Foster Mancilla

Hi Jack

It sounds like Aperture has not finished re-processing and updating your library. If you have a large library this can take hours or days. You may not have left it long enough to finish completely. It does get rather warm during this process.

Dont do anything else on it while it is working, that way all the processing power goes to Aperture and it can finish its task.

Regards..Gerry

May 5, 2010 2:36 PM in response to Gary

I have already updated the library to Aperture 3.0, and been through all the app updates. … Since updating to 3.0.3, every time I open Aperture, the the activity in the activity window, now says, …

Updating Library
Processing Processing MGxxxx xxx of xxxxx

Where the image number changes, and the xxx of xxxxx changes.

This particular Library has 19,211 images in it.

Sometimes the number of images is more, or less a specific number, for example, today the total number being updated is 5042. … On other days, that number is different.

Today, I have allowed the update process to complete 3 times. … And I just restarted Aperture, and it is updating the library of 5042 images again.

May 8, 2010 11:25 AM in response to Jack Foster Mancilla

I think my question has been answered. … (Think, needs time to be sure, but so far it works)

Started Aperture with Command-Option held down on Aperture startup, and ran the fix permissions tool. … It did say that it was changing some image permissions to owned by current user.

Then I started Aperture with Command-Option held down on Aperture startup, and ran the Repair Library took. ... I did not notice any thing changing when I repaired the library with that tool.

But the end result of doing both those things is that, so far, my machine does not process the library every time I restarted Aperture today.

Recurring - Updating Library - Every time I start Aperture 3.03

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.