Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Prepping iPad for Sale/Return

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to sell/return my iPad.

What steps do I need to take to "clean" the device of all my stuff? I assume I can just delete the apps, remove the email accounts, but how do clear bookmarks and any other traces of me on it?

Thanks for any help. 🙂

iMac 24"; Macbook Pro 13", Mac OS X (10.6.1), 3.06 4GB 1TB; 2.53 4GB 250GB

Posted on May 5, 2010 4:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2010 5:11 PM

Connect it to your Mac/PC. In iTunes, do a "Restore". That will erase everything and reinstall the OS and factory defaults. When it asks if you want to sync it with something, say "no". If you're really paranoid, you might do this a couple of times, filling it with non-sensitive stuff (music, movies, whatever) in between Restores, but once should be enough unless you had really sensitive stuff on it.

Doug
8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2010 5:11 PM in response to Penman61

Connect it to your Mac/PC. In iTunes, do a "Restore". That will erase everything and reinstall the OS and factory defaults. When it asks if you want to sync it with something, say "no". If you're really paranoid, you might do this a couple of times, filling it with non-sensitive stuff (music, movies, whatever) in between Restores, but once should be enough unless you had really sensitive stuff on it.

Doug

May 5, 2010 5:32 PM in response to Penman61

Thanks, all. Those steps sound like it will clean it up. 🙂

As to why: It's a beautiful device, but for me:

1) The VGA connection won't mirror the iPad on a projector; Apple having made a special iPad VGA cable might make one think otherwise...but no.
2) No IR remote capability. I shoulda known this, but didn't.
3) The keyboarding, for me, is much less optimum than on my MacBook. I can keep only one. It's like Sophie's Choice, but with Apple products.

I purchased it yesterday, so I plan on heading back to the Applestore to return it. 😟 I know one day Apple will make the perfect device for me. I will wait. 🙂

Message was edited by: Penman61

Prepping iPad for Sale/Return

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.