Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad won't recognize Nikon D300

I've had no luck connecting my D300 to my iPad with the camera connection kit. Nothing shows up on the iPad screen, not even an "inability to mount" box (which I get with my old D200). I've tried reformatting the memory card, switching between mass storage and PTP, restarting the iPad, waiting the recommended 30 seconds, etc. The D300 shows up immediately when I connect it to my Mac, so there's not a cable issue.

Any ideas what the problem may be? Could it be a defective iPad USB camera connector?

iPad 64G 3G, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on May 6, 2010 11:35 AM

9 replies

May 6, 2010 12:27 PM in response to john d b

I have a Nikon D300 as well. However, I have had no problem whatsoever downloading pictures to my iPad. As soon as I connect and turn on my camera it starts looking for the pics. Doesn't take more than 5 seconds to recognize it. I can't really help you with your problem, just wanted to let you know that it does work.

I know it sounds dumb but you do have the connector oriented correctly, right? With the little icon up and the writing side down?

May 6, 2010 1:57 PM in response to Norguaard

I just tried my D300. It seems to work in either Mass Storage and MTP/PTP mode. I previously tried the D200 and D3 in MTP/PTP mode and they were OK. Didn't try Mass Storage mode on them.

I connect the camera and then turn it on.

More importantly for me, at least, I can plug a compact flash reader into the USB Camera Connection kit and it works fine for my cameras. There have been some reports that some readers my require too much power from the iPad's USB port. My reader is a San Disk ImageMate 12 in 1.

Steve

iPad won't recognize Nikon D300

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.