5 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2010 1:59 PM by Tom Gewecke
alanpgh Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
How to I attach a file to an email on my iPad?

Any advice is appreciated!

Alan

IPad-3G 64Gig, Other OS, IPad processor and iPhone/iPad OS 3.2
  • Craig Brady Level 4 Level 4 (1,790 points)
    You can email files from within various applications, but there is not a method for starting and email, and then adding an attachment. Best approach is to start in the application the attachment belongs to, and choose to email it. This will open a new message with the attachment included, and you can edit as required.
  • pat park Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    I love my iPad but I find it incredibly silly that you cannot attach a file from the mail program. I understand that you can email fromm within another app like photos etc. But cmon people, in the real world you start an email and should have the ability to add several attachments if needed.

Will this be something that gets worked out in the upcoming OS4 update?

Message was edited by: pat park edited for spelling.
  • OzziesMAC Level 2 Level 2 (150 points)
    I think they need to be spending more time working out the wi fi glitch, but I totally understand where your coming from, sometimes I want to attach a file when using gmail on the web and you can't do that either.
  • planet910 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Is there a way to save an attachment in order to open the attachment in another program. Have a spreadsheet in an attachment that I would like to edit in numbers but can not.
  • Tom Gewecke Level 9 Level 9 (74,235 points)
    Will this be something that gets worked out in the upcoming OS4 update?

I doubt it -- would probably require a major change in accessibility to the OS file system, which I have not seen mentioned. But by all means ask Apple to make it the way you want here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html