Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Presentation problem

I have now used the iPad for the first time on a trip to give a talk. Before I left I had tested the iPad on three different projectors. Two of them worked fine and projected the entire image correctly. One however streched the slide to widescreen and I could not change it. The projector had no problem with my laptop. Then I did the real thing and went on my first trip to give a scientific presentation at a conference with nothing but the iPad (well and USB stick with a ppt presentation as a safety net). The projector at the conference had the biggest problems. It would move the picture half a frame up so that only half of the slide could be seen. When hitting the picture adjust button it would display correctly but only for a second before the slide would jump out of frame again. I finally got it to work by moving to the second slide. After picture correction the slide would only move up a few lines so that only the very top of my slides was missing. I ended up giving my presentation this way but it was not ideal. Again none of the PC or Mac laptops other presenters were using gave a problem. So there is something about the way the iPad is communicating with projectors that is not ideal. This should be improved. Then the device would be really useful. I do not mind not seeing the slides on the iPad during the presentation because I always look at the screen during a presentation. Anybody else having similar problems with the communication between iPad and projector?

Message was edited by: Marcus Peter

Message was edited by: Marcus Peter

IPad, iPhone OS 3.1.3, 64 GB

Posted on May 7, 2010 7:48 PM

13 replies

Oct 20, 2018 1:09 AM in response to Marcus Peter

When I connect to projector using VGA connector the iPad keynote shows black display with a box in middle with two arrows allowing to change slides and the laser pointer, but I need the slide to be on iPad as well so I don't have to continually turning around to look at screen. Can this be done?

Jun 10, 2010 10:26 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

I have a similar problem.

I've just test a keynote presentation via ipad and VGA cable. Every image was stretched, with anything at the edge missing from the projection. Even changing texts so that at least they fit on the screen, still leaves the presentation looking dreadful.

I need a lot of images in presentations. Reading other forums it seems to be a very common problem.

I'm about to go abroad, so I'll take back-up powerpoint versions on a USB stick, but since I also have video clips in my presentations, these are often don't run on a windows machine.

Very disappointing.

Jun 17, 2010 9:10 AM in response to Marcus Peter

I connected my iPad to my LCD screen with VGA cable, the slides were fine except for a pink color ! For some reason iPad is projecting some kind pink color to the screen when tried with my normal laptop the screen was normal! I still want to test this thing with another screen maybe the iPad projector cable have some problem
it's brand new though !

Jun 17, 2010 4:16 PM in response to ieowi

Need some calcification here:

iPad hooked to LCD, no good.
Laptop hooked to LCD, good
Both using the same VGA cable. Try hooking to another monitor and see if that works. If that doesn't work it's either the iPad or the VGA connector. The only way to know for sure is to take the iPad and VGA connector to an Apple store and try a different VGA connector at the store. Then you will for sure what device is causing the problem.

Jun 28, 2010 2:04 AM in response to Community User

ibobcar wrote:
When I connect to projector using VGA connector the iPad keynote shows black display with a box in middle with two arrows allowing to change slides and the laser pointer, but I need the slide to be on iPad as well so I don't have to continually turning around to look at screen. Can this be done?

I'm afraid the two arrows are all that Keynote gives us so far. You can tap the three vertically stacked dots in that "window" title to get a preview of your slides, but it will disappear as soon as you select one or move forwards / backwards in your presentation.

Here's hoping a future upgrade will add a proper preview. All that wasted space on the iPad display is waiting to be filled 🙂

Nov 30, 2010 1:08 PM in response to David M Brewer

David , very sorry for the late respond, the iPad worked fine with more than one projector, I am only facing this problem with my New philips LCD, it's probably has to do with the LCD itself although I have tried connecting more than one laptop to the LCD with no issues. Anyway I will try updating my LCD firmware.

At least my cable turned out to be fine 🙂

Regards

Presentation problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.