Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

IrMC Sync on iPhone?

1119 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2010 3:59 PM by b noir RSS
Nade 23 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
May 9, 2010 8:47 AM
Hey all,
I connected my iPhone 3Gs to my HP Compaq nc4010 laptop over Bluetooth (Which is finally working)lol

My question is what is IrMC Sync?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Windows XP Pro
  • Allan Sampson Level 10 Level 10 (122,145 points)
    May 9, 2010 9:03 AM (in response to Nade 23)
    I connected my iPhone 3Gs to my HP Compaq nc4010 laptop over Bluetooth (Which is finally working)lol

For what purpose?

The iPhone does not support data transfer via Bluetooth - the required Bluetooth profile for this is not included. You can use an iPhone as a modem with a computer for internet access with the computer via the iPhone's cellular data or internet network which can be done via a bluetooth connection with the computer, but your iPhone's carrier must support this with the iPhone.
     MacBook Pro 15" Intel Core 2 Duo/2.53GHz/4GB RAM/500GB HD, Mac OS X (10.6.3),  iPod w/Video 30GB,  iPhone 3G 16GB
  • b noir Level 9 Level 9 (71,990 points)
    May 9, 2010 3:59 PM (in response to Nade 23)
    Everything I know about IrMC I learnt in the course of researching this reply, I'm afraid. But here's some info from Wikipedia about IrMC:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IrMC

... and here's something from OpenSync:

http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSync#IrMC-Sync
    Lenovo t61 laptop, Windows XP Pro, various ipod models

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.