Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro and Adobe CS5 graphics card upgrade

I have a few questions that I can't seem to get answers to from Adobe. I have a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.5.8 with a 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR2 SDRam, and GeForce 8600M GT graphics card. I currently have Adobe CS3 on it, but would like to upgrade to CS5. I know that I'll need to upgrade to Snow Leopard, but I believe I'll need to upgrade my graphics card also. According to Adobe's site, the compatible cards listed are the Nvidia quadro fx ones. the one they suggest is for a macbook pro, however, and costs about $1500. I'm trying to find out if I can even upgrade the graphics card on my MacBook, and if so is there anything that costs about a tenth of that price. CS5 specs can be found here http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/mastercollection/systemreqs/

My MacBook also has the dual boot (windows and Mac). I have never booted in Windows and have a windows laptop, so I'm wondering if it would be better to get rid of that, so that CS5 would run better when installed. any ideas/suggestions?

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on May 12, 2010 1:53 PM

5 replies

May 12, 2010 2:09 PM in response to aegeiger

"... I know that I'll need to upgrade to Snow Leopard, but I believe I'll need to upgrade my graphics card also."
Why do you have to upgrade to Snow Leopard?
The graphics card is not upgradeable.
I would query the forum for users of CS5 and Leopard with your hardware configuration and see if they have any problems.

May 13, 2010 3:47 PM in response to sig

i misread the system reqs. thought i needed snow leopard. the graphics card has to be able to support openGL 2.0 and shader model 3.0. when i called nvidia about my current card, they stated that card didn't support those. i was hoping i could upgrade the card. i'll search to see if it can be used.

MacBook Pro and Adobe CS5 graphics card upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.