Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Editing Bookmark Names for RSS Feeds

I can edit the names of all my bookmarks EXCEPT those associated with RSS Feeds. I'm not talking URLs, of course, just the aliases. Some of them are longer than I prefer and I'd like to shorten them, but clicking to edit the Bookmark name doesn't work. Any suggestions?

iMac 2.6GHz, Mac OS X (10.5.5), Safari 4.0.5

Posted on May 12, 2010 6:18 PM

3 replies

May 12, 2010 6:36 PM in response to Peter WP

Hi Peter

Are you attempting to edit the RSS bookmark name via the feed found in the "All RSS Feeds" collection? If so, that won't work.

Rather, you ought to be editing the actual RSS bookmark found in either the Bookmarks Bar or Bookmarks Menu collections. Single clicking on the name ought to open the editor. Those collections are found in your Bookmark Manager (command/option/B keys).

Editing Bookmark Names for RSS Feeds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.