6553 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 4, 2010 12:40 PM by madkitty
1. Disable all firewall and antivirus/spyware apps running on your PC
2. Start iTunes. Be sure you have the latest version 9.1.1 (11)
3. Connect phone to a USB port on the computer, not an external hub or keyboard port.
4. Press both the home and sleep/wake buttons until the Apple logo reappears, then continue pressing the home button alone until iTunes sees the phone in recovery mode.
5. Follow the prompts to restore.
Note that if your iPhone was jailbroken or hacked in any way (i.e. illegally unlocked), updating and this method may not work and may leave the phone permanently bricked.