Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sending invitations to Outlook users

Outlook users have told me that my iCal invitations to events don't work when they click on the iCal attachment in email. Is there a way to let Outlook users click on iCal event invitations so that they are added to their Outlook calendars?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on May 14, 2010 4:24 PM

4 replies

Jun 8, 2010 3:41 PM in response to NJ Analyst

Hi Guys,

Been dealing with a similar issue for about 3 years now, so I know your pain. Apple will not solve this problem because they're a stickler for standards, no matter what the rest of the world really needs. Since I'm a developer at heart, I decided to tackle the problem on my own and built a software product called Zamain for Mac to resolve the Apple iCal to Microsoft Outlook/Exchange incompatibilities. I originally built the product for myself, but soon realized that this can help others as well. Here are the major issues that Zamain for Mac resolves:

* Supports sending Apple iCal invitations from multiple Apple Mail email accounts

* Resolves the "unable to Accept" Apple iCal invitations sent to Microsoft Outlook/Exchange recipients

* Resolves incorrect time zones for Microsoft Outlook/Exchange recipients

* Prevents multiple attachments when viewing Apple iCal invitation emails in Microsoft Outlook

Although I know that this is a shameless plug for my product, I urge you to give it a try because it will really make your life easier. I have been using it every day for past 6 months and I can tell you that it saved me a lot of grief.

You can get Zamain for Mac at www.zamain.com.

Thanks!

-Jon

As per the terms of agreement, I must disclose that I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link above.

Jul 13, 2010 7:21 AM in response to zmn

The main problem is iCal uses apple mail to send out the invite and that attachment gets embedded in email, and outlook *****, so it cannot properly recognize the invite. One crude work around is to simple drag the invite on to your desktop and zip/compress the invite and then email the zipped calendar invite to your outlook user. The outlook user will then be able to add it to their calendars.

Sending invitations to Outlook users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.