Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps missing from iTunes. How to recover?

Suddenly, about 2/3 of my apps are missing from iTunes. Basically anything I bought in the last 16 months or so - the apps I currently actually use! I searched the iTunes folder on my laptop and the apps are not there either. Just very old ones. I tried to re-download purchases that I had already made and I get a warning that I will have to pay for the apps. I'm besides myself frustrated right now. What am I missing in the instructions to re-download something already purchased? I dont want to re-purchase all the apps again. Help!

Is there a way to pull the apps from my phone and put them back into iTunes?

Any help is appreciated.

HP, Windows Vista

Posted on May 14, 2010 7:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 10:12 PM

I'm having the same problem. All my Apps disappear from my Itunes Library.
8 replies

Sep 23, 2010 6:30 AM in response to Ingo2711

I can confirm that right-clicking on the iPhone or iPod and choosing "Transfer Purchases" will successfully download the installed applications back to the iTunes library.

One thing to be aware - if you click on the iPhone and then "Apps", you'll see that "Sync Apps" is UNCHECKED. DO NOT CHECK IT and resync without doing a transfer purchases first or else it will also wipe the apps from your device!

Apps missing from iTunes. How to recover?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.