Skip navigation

iPad touch screen problem - self touching!

41810 Views 34 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2014 5:15 PM by terrysanders1960 RSS
1 2 3 Previous Next
wyf7086 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
May 14, 2010 10:07 PM
Since the second day I bought this iPad I found this problem, the iPad will just tab on the screen by it self in almost any softwares. For example it can open software, click link in browser, zoom in and zoom out in video playing. While I think that might cause by the original plastic film as I was waiting for the apple case so I left them on, but the problem is still there. It does not happen often but it is really annoying when I am browser it just start to tap things like crazy, and I have to restart iPad or let it sleep for a while to bring it back to normal.

So I recorded a short video when it happened once, and showed it to one technicist in the retail store as it is really hard to show the random problem on the iPad. But the technicist helped me said the video is not helping, and they have to see the problem directly on the iPad.

Any advices? or does anyone have the same problem?

Check the video I recorded here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dps_ihwDuk
iPad, iPhone OS 3.1.3
  • hx911 Level 1 Level 1 (20 points)
    May 14, 2010 11:09 PM (in response to wyf7086)
    take it back under warranty
    MBA SSD, MB black, 4gb 250mb, Mac OS X (10.6.1), lots of PCs
  • red555 Level 4 Level 4 (2,550 points)
    May 15, 2010 5:32 PM (in response to wyf7086)
    You should do a complete reset. If that doesn't fix it, take it back to the store, show them the video and try to duplicate the problem. If they will not swap it, ask for the manager and demand they exchange it.
    Dell, iPad 3G, iPhone., Other OS
  • DanielKotov Calculating status...
    Jun 25, 2010 3:18 PM (in response to wyf7086)
    did you solve the problem with the ipad?
    Hi,

I just found that I was not the only one who has the problem with the screen pressing and touching itself on the ipad. Have recorded a video as well:

http://vimeo.com/12855179

or the when it started on a meeting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVs6oYV6LWM

SO HOW DID YOU SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?

=))) thanx

btw: i'm on 7984132@gmail.com

Daniel
    Macbookpro 17/15/13, ipad, iphone, macbook air, iOS 4, like apple ;))
  • wum007 Calculating status...
    Jul 1, 2010 9:25 AM (in response to DanielKotov)
    Mine does the same thing. I just purchased it this week and it did it from the very beginning...

Any solutions or ideas?
    iPad, MacMini, Mac OS X (10.6.4)
  • fbphuket Calculating status...
    Jul 5, 2010 5:49 AM (in response to wyf7086)
    I got the same troubles and it get worse. Starting about 2 weeks after i got the iPad, some times it touched self, now it is like crazy. Tried everything inclusive a total reset.
    Since the next Apple Store (with iPad's) is about 12,000 km away, i can't simple exchange it. So maybe someone has an idea?
    iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.4), iPad etc
  • Steve Secret Calculating status...
    Jul 23, 2010 6:24 AM (in response to fbphuket)
    My home just got our 2nd iPad yesterday, and it has the same problem, and it happens really often. I am going to take it to an Apple store tomorrow. Is there anyone has any luck about how to fix it?
    ipad, iTouch, xp, windows7, Vista, OS10.4, 10.5, 10.6
  • Fullcirclearchitect Calculating status...
    Jul 27, 2010 4:31 AM (in response to wyf7086)
    Hi guys,

I've owned my iPad for over a month now and I've recently experiencing some very annoying problems,

I'll save the others for the right topic, but I have begun to experience the same touch screen glitch, the screen seems to be "touching" itself.

****, I. A
    D
    M khahlhdg
    Svdgving. Diffulcty. Wqrqoyyqitinlgs. Thsisa ryriypllki. I'd 903!05

This. Is. Very asnnoyping!
  • freemini Calculating status...
    Jul 27, 2010 9:46 AM (in response to fbphuket)
    You can change it at Authorised Reseller, even if the iPad is not available in the country you live. I asked at a reseller in Norway, and he said that the warranty works anywhere in the world.
    PC, Windows 7
  • DWiddoes Calculating status...
    Jul 28, 2010 10:48 AM (in response to wyf7086)
    I just got my 32GB 2 weeks ago, it does the same thing from time to time. I cant produce it to know why it does it. only way i can get it to stop is to turn it off and then back on.

Another issue i have with this new $600 thing is it keeps losing my home network, keeps making me put my password in every day or two. this *****, and no way to get help. i thought Apple was so great. this is my first apple and may be my last.
    ipad, Windows XP
  • matucon312 Calculating status...
    Your iPad will go blind if it keeps touching itself.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. : )
    2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo Aluminum MacBook 4GB RAM, iPad WiFi 16GB, iPhone 4 16GB, Mac OS X (10.5.7)
  • tebs Calculating status...
    Jul 29, 2010 3:30 AM (in response to freemini)
    Hi,

also from Norway (Bergen), having the same problem with my iPad which I bought in London about a month ago. Could you tell me which Authorised Reseller you went to? Or maybe I should contact Apple Support since the warranty is independent of where you got it?

Cheers,
    Terje
    iMac, iPhone, iPad, iPod
  • Razage Calculating status...
    Aug 7, 2010 3:21 AM (in response to tebs)
    Hi,
    My Ipad started doing this today, I called Apple support and they told me to do a total restore from ITUNES which I thought had worked but after several hours it just did it again, I can press the home button however from there it just freezes and requires a hard reset.
    Will see if it returns again and take it in to the apple store for an exchange as it's annoying when it occurs.
    Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6), Ipad
  • olarn.u Calculating status...
    Aug 8, 2010 1:12 AM (in response to wyf7086)
    I founds this problem too. It disappears after 3.2.1 has been upgraded, but I've got another problem. I can't slide or click (touch) on the ipad specific screen area (about 3 inch from top, 1/2 inch height, across horizontal of the screen when put it in the portrait position).

I want to replace the new one. But I'm leaving in Bangkok, Thailand. Can I ask the Apple retail authorization in Thailand and send it back to US.?
    iPad wifi+3G, iOS 4, 16GB, US. Apple retail store
1 2 3 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.