Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad touch screen problem - self touching!

Since the second day I bought this iPad I found this problem, the iPad will just tab on the screen by it self in almost any softwares. For example it can open software, click link in browser, zoom in and zoom out in video playing. While I think that might cause by the original plastic film as I was waiting for the apple case so I left them on, but the problem is still there. It does not happen often but it is really annoying when I am browser it just start to tap things like crazy, and I have to restart iPad or let it sleep for a while to bring it back to normal.

So I recorded a short video when it happened once, and showed it to one technicist in the retail store as it is really hard to show the random problem on the iPad. But the technicist helped me said the video is not helping, and they have to see the problem directly on the iPad.

Any advices? or does anyone have the same problem?

Check the video I recorded here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dps_ihwDuk

iPad, iPhone OS 3.1.3

Posted on May 14, 2010 10:07 PM

39 replies

Apr 27, 2017 2:47 AM in response to matt_337

Me too I have the exact same problem. Will take it to apple store tomorrow. Lets see what they say as I live in finland and they dont even sell ipads here..

I wonder also if iOS4.2 might fix this..

Apr 27, 2017 2:47 AM in response to Community User

Ok. So I took my iPad to Apple repair today.

For anyone with this problem, it is definatelly not in the software but in the hardware. The guys in the shop told me that I have either a faulty touchscreen or faulty processor. They took mine and will replace it with a new unit.

So anyone with this problem - take your iPad to Apple repair. No iOS update will fix this problem!

Jun 25, 2010 3:18 PM in response to wyf7086

did you solve the problem with the ipad?
Hi,

I just found that I was not the only one who has the problem with the screen pressing and touching itself on the ipad. Have recorded a video as well:

http://vimeo.com/12855179

or the when it started on a meeting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVs6oYV6LWM

SO HOW DID YOU SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?

=))) thanx

btw: i'm on 7984132@gmail.com

Daniel

Jul 27, 2010 4:31 AM in response to wyf7086

Hi guys,

I've owned my iPad for over a month now and I've recently experiencing some very annoying problems,

I'll save the others for the right topic, but I have begun to experience the same touch screen glitch, the screen seems to be "touching" itself.

****, I. A
D
M khahlhdg
Svdgving. Diffulcty. Wqrqoyyqitinlgs. Thsisa ryriypllki. I'd 903!05

This. Is. Very asnnoyping!

Jul 28, 2010 10:48 AM in response to wyf7086

I just got my 32GB 2 weeks ago, it does the same thing from time to time. I cant produce it to know why it does it. only way i can get it to stop is to turn it off and then back on.

Another issue i have with this new $600 thing is it keeps losing my home network, keeps making me put my password in every day or two. this *****, and no way to get help. i thought Apple was so great. this is my first apple and may be my last.

Aug 7, 2010 3:21 AM in response to tebs

Hi,
My Ipad started doing this today, I called Apple support and they told me to do a total restore from ITUNES which I thought had worked but after several hours it just did it again, I can press the home button however from there it just freezes and requires a hard reset.
Will see if it returns again and take it in to the apple store for an exchange as it's annoying when it occurs.

iPad touch screen problem - self touching!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.