Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer does not show up in Print & Fax dialog box

I have a Pixma iP6700D printer from Canon which I have been using for over a year. My wife wanted to cancel a print job and hit the "Stop/reset" button on the printer. Since she has done this, I can't get the printer to print.

I re-installed the Setup CD to re-install the driver. When I open the Print & Fax dialog box, it does not list any printers. I have re-started, unplugged the USB and power cables to the printer. Nothing.

The printer is connected to an Airport Express via a USB cable.

Does anyone know why this would be happening?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on May 15, 2010 9:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2010 11:12 PM

Try this:

1. Open System Preferences
2. Click Print & Fax
3. If you see your printer on the left then highlight it and then click the - at the bottom of the box to remove it.
If you do not see it the progress to step 4.
4. Click the + at the bottom of the box and the computer will begin looking for connected printers. Once found follow the onscreen instructions. If you cannot locate it then trouble shoot by ensuring the printer is turned on, has a good connection to the computer and if it's still not seen then replace the printer cable and try again.

There probably isn't any reason to use the software that came with printer.

Regards,

Roger
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2010 11:12 PM in response to Maddog1028

Try this:

1. Open System Preferences
2. Click Print & Fax
3. If you see your printer on the left then highlight it and then click the - at the bottom of the box to remove it.
If you do not see it the progress to step 4.
4. Click the + at the bottom of the box and the computer will begin looking for connected printers. Once found follow the onscreen instructions. If you cannot locate it then trouble shoot by ensuring the printer is turned on, has a good connection to the computer and if it's still not seen then replace the printer cable and try again.

There probably isn't any reason to use the software that came with printer.

Regards,

Roger

Printer does not show up in Print & Fax dialog box

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.