Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing Still Image Clip Durantion

I know how to do this but I am having trouble because FCP just won't change the still image duration for the clips. I have to manually select each image and change the duration in the top left of the browser. If I select all the images (which are all the same duration, I just need to shorten it) or even 5-10 at a time, and right click, I get the duration option, change the time but I just get the "can't do it" click and nothing changes. I have tried the selections linked and unlinked. Nothing seems to help. It will take me forever to manually change one at a time, anything I am missing?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.3), 8 GB 800MHz, 2x3.2 GHz Quad Core Intel Xeon

Posted on May 16, 2010 7:29 AM

4 replies

May 16, 2010 9:38 AM in response to Johnny Magee

Thanks. That is currently set to 3 seconds, as that is normally how long I have them stay. But for this specific sequence (which I have ordered correctly and REALLY don't want to reimport, is there a way to batch change the duration? I don't now why it won't let me; unless it's because I want the duration to be shorter than what's set on input (2 seconds versus the pre-set 3 seconds?). Thanks.

Changing Still Image Clip Durantion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.