Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Endless "Waiting" message after Submit

I've been having no luck getting Compressor to compress anything today. I left it processing a job overnight, and could not get it to come out of Sleep this morning, so had to restart. Ever since, no matter what quicktime movie I import, and no matter what compression settings I apply to it, it just hangs, with no "time remaining" readout. It just says "Waiting."

I tried trashing Compressor (and the plist files) and reinstalling, and it has made no difference. I'm on Compressor 3.5.2.

Thanks for any advice.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.3), 6 GB RAM, FCS 3

Posted on May 16, 2010 5:15 PM

3 replies

May 17, 2010 10:59 AM in response to Brian Gary

Thanks for that advice. I discovered a different solution last night... Compressor - Reset Background Processing. For some reason, the job that I had left it doing overnight got corrupted, and Compressor was constantly trying to redo it, even though I had cancelled it and cleared the History. I thought clearing the History was the same as clearing the job queue, but apparently not.

Endless "Waiting" message after Submit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.