Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Griffin iTalk

I just used Griffin iTalk with my 4G iPod for the first time. I recorded and saved. There appeared on the screen the date and time of the recording. But my iPod cannot play back there. When I pressed the date and time, "play" appeared on the screen. But when I pressed "play", I am back to date and time. The recording is there, I know for sure, because when I connect the iPod to iTunes, I can play back on my Mac after importing automatically. My iPod can play back the recording only after dowloading the recording back from iTunes. I can play the recording as part of the music library but not as voice memo. I reset my iPod but nothing changed.

PMG5/Dual 2.5Ghz, PB17/1.5Ghz, iB12/1.2Ghz, Mac OS X (10.4.3), iPods x15

Posted on Nov 23, 2005 9:48 AM

6 replies

Nov 25, 2005 12:06 PM in response to Nozomi

I've never heard of this before, but I've never used an iTalk, so I don't know what its capabilities are. if you're sure you should be able to playback the recordings, try restoring your ipod's software using the software updater then plug the iTalk in again - I think the voice recorders "activate" part of the iPod firmware, so it's possible it's not worked properly the first time round.

Nov 28, 2005 11:24 AM in response to Nozomi

I've seen a few postings about this that suggest removing all podcasts from your iPod and deleting the Podcast item on the menu.

I have a similar problem in which my iPod Photo records a voice file, but when I play it back there is no sound. But at least I can play it! The system worked fine until I upgraded to iTunes 6. So, I'm getting the feeling this may be something to do with iTunes 6.0 - but I've not seen a comment yet on this.

I just used Griffin iTalk with my 4G iPod for the
first time. I recorded and saved. There appeared on
the screen the date and time of the recording. But my
iPod cannot play back there. When I pressed the date
and time, "play" appeared on the screen. But when I
pressed "play", I am back to date and time. The
recording is there, I know for sure, because when I
connect the iPod to iTunes, I can play back on my Mac
after importing automatically. My iPod can play back
the recording only after dowloading the recording
back from iTunes. I can play the recording as part of
the music library but not as voice memo. I reset my
iPod but nothing changed.

Dec 7, 2005 11:17 PM in response to P D Anderson

I've seen a few postings about this that suggest
removing all podcasts from your iPod and deleting the
Podcast item on the menu.

I can confirm removing the Podcast menu item AND deleting all the Podcast from iTunes (and thus removing it from iPod) makes playback on iPod possible. Tried this on Clickwheel iPod B&W

Dec 10, 2005 4:38 PM in response to Nozomi

Hi, My name is Justin Vames, and I have the same issue. I talk in to the iTalk , it saves to the iPod but....when I try to it play back, it goes to the date and time menu. Before I got iTalk I got some music from my friends computer once in a while (Which is a Mac Mini).Some of his music is bought off of iTunes, and when I tried to play it on my iPod it would not let me and went to the main menu screen. What I think is that it would not let me play his music from my iPod is that it has copyright software that I beleave is on every iPod sold. What I think is the problem w/ iTalk is that when it saves to your iPod it gets confused and thinks there is a copyright on it. Software restore or rebooting my iPod did not help for Me.

iMac G5 w/ iSight Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Griffin iTalk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.