Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my i7 macbook pro suffers from insomnia

My old C2D macbook never slept, although I had the energy settings set to sleep after 10min of inactivity.
I recently bought a new i7 macbook pro and used the migration assistant to transfer the settings to my new laptop. I soon realized that it also suffers from the same disease, so I guess there is a setting or preference that was transferred and is causing the problem.
I originally suspected that dropbox is the problem, but I have the same symptom, even when dropbox is not running.
Can anybody help me identify what the problem is?
Thanks a lot!

MacBook Pro i7 2.66GHz, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on May 17, 2010 2:50 PM

3 replies

May 29, 2010 6:55 PM in response to c_kyr

Have you called Apple technical help? I had a few issues recently that didn't even involve Apple but it was software allowing me to use external hard drives with no partitions on Mac and PC. It was 3rd party software and they figured it out as well as giving me all the sites I needed to get it all working. I have had other questions as well and they seem to work on it until it is figured out.

my i7 macbook pro suffers from insomnia

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.