Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating my own stationery in Mail

Hi,
I created a stationery in Mail and saved it in the custom area. I placed a jpg image as a header. It shows in the custom area when I select that, but not in the body of any new message. Is there a way to correctly do this? Does the header need to be in a different format? Assuming the answer is YES, what format do I need? Assuming the answer is NO, is there a program that will allow me to create my own stationery from a blank sheet with my individual look? Thanks for your help!

Macbook Pro 17 inch, Mac OS X (10.6.3), iMac

Posted on May 17, 2010 11:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2010 4:28 AM

There are programs, but they're expensive and not worth it.

I've tried creating some stationaries; I'd start with duplicating one of Mail's original, and just changing the graphics. Then everything else is set up. I'd suggest you try the same.

User uploaded file

Message was edited by: musicwind95
5 replies

May 18, 2010 5:12 AM in response to Western AZ Mac

Compose a web page to act as a template. Make sure it looks like you want. You'll want to designate a portion of the page to be the target area for the body of the e-mail message, so include in your HTML for your stationery this:

Body text goes here.

And editable text should be enclosed in

Preview your template in Safari, and when you like it, go to the Safari menu and select "File >> Mail contents of the page..." and mail it to yourself. Once you've received it, in Mail open the message up and select "File >> Save as stationery...".

Your web-page that you designed will now be a stationery template for you to use in the future.

That said, keep in mind that not all HTML or CSS is going to look/work the same in all browsers (and even less so in different mail programs). That's sort of a generic problem with HTML-formatted e-mail.

Creating my own stationery in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.