Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Send Mail From Yahoo... Hotmail Problems, Too!

Hi. Like many other people, I am having a problem with e-mail, too. All the servers are on. I went to "Options-Mail-Accounts-Servers, etc" in the iPad, and followed the instructions I found from Apple, to make sure I can send e-mails. However, I cannot send e-mail from my Yahoo account. Furthermore, I cannot find the "switch to classic view" option, as has been suggested earlier. I looked all over for it.
Also, in my Hotmail account, when I reply to mail, I cannot see the original e-mail, which makes it very difficult to respond to a long e-mail when you cannot re-read it. I am used to modifying the sender's e-mail, sometimes, too, but this is , obviously, also not possible. Why can't I see the sender's e-mail? My 3rd and final account, AOL works properly.

730, Windows 7

Posted on May 18, 2010 8:01 AM

5 replies

May 18, 2010 3:11 PM in response to theoris

Sorry for not being clear. Regarding the Hotmail, I can download the mail and even reply. The problem is, I cannot see the original email I am replying to. This makes responding to a long email difficult, as well as making corrections from the original email. Will setting up the iPad e-mail client to use POP to download my Hotmail rectify the problem I just explained? Thanks.

It is Yahoo I cannot reply to at all. Any suggestions re: Yahoo?

Can't Send Mail From Yahoo... Hotmail Problems, Too!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.