Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB Printer not found

Hi. I hooked up my USB printer, an Epson Stylus CX4200, to the USB port on my Airport Extreme. When I click on the Printers tab in the Airport Utility, the field below "This pane shows USB printers connected to your airport device" is blank. Any ideas? It works fine if I share it from my desktop machine, but I thought it would be nice to hook it up through the router so I could print regardless of whether or not my desktop machine was on. I went to Epson's webpage and downloaded and installed the most current driver for that printer today, so we know that it's as up to date as it can be right now. Thanks in advance for any help!

G4 DA w/upgraded 1.5 gHz processor, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 1.5 gHz, 1.5 GB RAM and other goodies

Posted on May 18, 2010 10:35 AM

3 replies

May 18, 2010 10:52 AM in response to Jolly Giant

Thanks for the link! I tried everything suggested on the page, including resetting the printing system and still could not get the printer to show up. Apparently I'm resigned to leaving my desktop machine powered up to work as a print server, or ditch the Epson and find a more Mac-friendly printer. Thanks for your help!

USB Printer not found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.