Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts created in Phone app don't show up in Contacts app.

I receive a phone call from someone for the first time. After the call ends, I decide want to make this person a contact. I go to "Recents" and tap on the arrow button to the right of this new number and choose "Create New Contact" and fill in this person's name and save the contact.

This contact is only known in the Recents list, but not in Contacts, either in the Phone app or the Contacts app. This is completely incorrect behavior! If the phone app offers you the chance to "Create new contact," it had better **** well create a real contact. If it just means make the Phone a better Caller ID box, don't call it a contact!!!

Has anyone solved this problem?

Mac mini 2009, 2 iPhones, AppleTV, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on May 18, 2010 12:11 PM

3 replies

May 18, 2010 12:18 PM in response to David Trevas

I have not witnessed this behavior with my phone. I've seen other people post about this error, however normally it is fixed with one of the standard troubleshooting procedures. Try powering the phone off/on, if that doesn't help, then try a reset, which is done by holding the power and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release, ignoring the slide to power off screen. A reset does not affect any of your data. If that doesn't work, then a restore is in order with iTunes, first from a backup and if necessary as a new phone or not from a backup. You don't state that you have tried any of these, so see if anything will help.

May 18, 2010 2:56 PM in response to David Trevas

I understand your wanting this fixed, however just because your iPhone is exhibiting this behavior does not mean they all are and a fix is required. Mine is not, so I don't need Apple to create a fix.

iPhone will exhibit unusual behavior at times, and a reset or a restore is needed. Apple even explains this in the troubleshooting, even though you do not believe this is "Mac like behavior".

Since you have performed a reset and it did not fix the problem, the next step in troubleshooting is a restore, first from a backup and if no fix, then as a new phone. This restore as a new phone would then be followed by a sync with iTunes to reinstal your content. If that does not work, a trip to Apple would be in order, however your issue sounds like a software problem.

See what happens after a restore.

Contacts created in Phone app don't show up in Contacts app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.