Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since upgrading to 10.6, users show up improperly in chats

With users on 10.5, and the server on 10.6.2, users could join chatrooms and see everyone else in the chats as their buddies (as they all are).

However, once I upgraded the users to 10.6.3, the users do not show up in a chatroom as their buddies anymore. It shows them as greyed out without a display picture. Doing a "Show Info" on the buddy in the chatroom reveals that their jabber handle is chatroom@conference.server.domain.com/username, rather than their actual Jabber ID. I have the option to right click on any of these users, and "Request Authorization" (which just goes into an abyss), presumably sending the authorization request to the aforementioned address, which isnt their jabber account name.

I should note, to the initial host of the room all persons in the chat room are seen fine, as buddies, but not to the participants that join.

Any specific thoughts on why this would occur, or is it just an ichat bug within 10.6.x?

Message was edited by: Oh4Sh0

MBP 17, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on May 19, 2010 7:57 AM

There are no replies.

Since upgrading to 10.6, users show up improperly in chats

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.