Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Stereo headset recommendation

First let me express my appreciation for reading my request. I would like to obtain a bluetooth stereo headset for an iPhone 3Gs to listen to audiobooks, answer calls, etc. I've been reading reviews on sites that are not exclusive to the iPhone and hoped that owners of units that work with our phones might offer their opinions of their choices.

Thanks,

Scott

iPhone G3, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on May 19, 2010 1:34 PM

6 replies

May 19, 2010 4:56 PM in response to wjosten

wjosten wrote:
You might want to wait until OS 4.0 is released. It may very well provide the volume controls necessary to use this headset properly with the iphone. If it does, look seriously at these:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Ericsson-HBH-IS800-Wireless-HeadPhones/dp/B001QTW21Y

Weird, I've never had a problem with adjusting volume level via bluetooth on my iPhone. I have used a Jabra BT8010, Motorola MotoRokr S9HD, and HT820.

Granted, the headsets do adjust volume independent of the iPhone, in other words, the volume on the iPhone does not change but the volume in the headset goes up or down as you adjust it.

May 20, 2010 4:06 AM in response to wjosten

wjosten wrote:
That headset has no volume controls & there is no way to adjust volume when using them via the iphone. Hopefully, OS 4.0 will fix that.

Then that is simply a badly designed headset.
I do not understand why you would want to adjust volume on the device when listening to it via a wireless headset. Not when the headset is on my head and I do not have to dig around in my pockets or backpack to pull out the device.

To each their own, but I personally would not consider a bluetooth headset that does not have it's own volume controls.

Jun 6, 2010 5:15 PM in response to diesel vdub

There are devices that feed the Bluetooth audio directly into a stereo input channel. A volume control from the source computer is essential. I have one from Jensen and I'm missing having a volume control on the iPad as I play movies and music through my stereo system. Kind of defeats the benefits of wireless if I have to cross the room to adjust the volume.

Bluetooth Stereo headset recommendation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.