Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New upgraded battery

Why can't apple create a new upgraded battery to last like the new model ones for their old macbook alum's? if the life time charging cycle's about due soon (nearly 2 years) Don't ya think People will want replacement batteries to last longer like the new products do? I Really Don't think it's too hard to produce something that has a longer charge time and fit in the space allotted. and stop producing the old type batteries.

Besides my macbook only lasts about three hours which is rather lame.

Message was edited by: Polaritypictures

MacPro 2008(2.8 Octo-core) 12 gb Ram, 4 tb hd., Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on May 19, 2010 1:42 PM

1 reply

May 19, 2010 3:08 PM in response to Polaritypictures

The user-replaceability of the old-style MacBook batteries is what limits their capacity. The built-in batteries are of a completely different shape and, because less space is handed over to things like making it safe to pull out and play with, more space can go to power storage. There is simply no physical way to cram seven hours of life into a battery that will fit your MacBook (or mine, for that matter).

New upgraded battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.