Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove all iCal data???

Hi,
I am giving my old MBP to a relative to use. How do I remove all my iCal data from the machine so that he can start with iCal from scratch. My objective is not to reformat the laptop. Pls advice.
regards,
Pyry

 MBP 15" 2,66 GHz, i7, 8GB 1066 MHz DDR3 SRAM 2x4GB, 500GB 7200rpm, OSX (10.6.3, Mac OS X (10.6.3),  2xTime Capsule 1TB  iPhone 16GB,  iPod 5gen 30GB,  iPod Nano 4 GB

Posted on May 22, 2010 1:34 PM

4 replies

May 23, 2010 7:33 AM in response to pyry

pyry,

Considering first of all that you already have a backup, I would use iCal>Edit>Delete for each individual calendar. Before deleting the last valid calendar, create a new blank calendar and name it "Test."

Then quit ical and find the the iCal plist file, and the "Calendar Cache" file. You will find the "com.apple.iCal.plist" file in your Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences Folder. The "Calendar Cache" file will be in the Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Calendars Folder. Drag the .plist file and the Calendar Cache file, or any other "Cache" files which may be in the Calendars Folder to the Desktop. Log out/in or restart and verify that only the empty "Test" calendar remains.

If you are using any sync software?

;~)

User uploaded file

How to remove all iCal data???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.