Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How far is the compatibility with PowerPoint and Keynote '09?

Hello everyone
I love making presentations and strangely while I'm an Apple fan the only thing I still didn't convert to is iWork

Keynote is the best presentation tool I ever saw. The problem is with playing the presentations in college or anywhere else.

I know that keynote is compatible with PowerPoint, but how far?
Will the beautiful transitions and animations on keynote work on PowerPoint? Alongside with the beautiful graphics, charts and backgrounds?

Thanks

White MacBook, iPhone 3G, 64GB WiFi iPad, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on May 25, 2010 3:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2011 9:33 AM

I would say the compatibility is "just good enough". If you NEED to use it you will, but you don't want to ever NEED it.

You shoud think of the compatibility as being like trying to playback high resolution, color, widescreen, Dolby stereo content on a small black and white mono tv. There are some things that old telly just won't be capable of. Sure, you can see the motion and hear something, but you're ultimately limited by what you use to PLAYBACK the content, not what you used to CREATE it.

Because Keynote has features that PowerPoint doesn't, PowerPoint will never be able to playback exactly what you see in Keynote. The reverse is true as well.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2011 9:33 AM in response to Hotsouma

I would say the compatibility is "just good enough". If you NEED to use it you will, but you don't want to ever NEED it.

You shoud think of the compatibility as being like trying to playback high resolution, color, widescreen, Dolby stereo content on a small black and white mono tv. There are some things that old telly just won't be capable of. Sure, you can see the motion and hear something, but you're ultimately limited by what you use to PLAYBACK the content, not what you used to CREATE it.

Because Keynote has features that PowerPoint doesn't, PowerPoint will never be able to playback exactly what you see in Keynote. The reverse is true as well.

How far is the compatibility with PowerPoint and Keynote '09?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.