Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No audio when exporting to Quicktime

I am attempting to export a movie that has both silent clips and clips with sound. In iMovie the sound clips have the expected audio, but when I try to Export to Quicktime Movie I have no audio at all. My intention is to eventually burn this movie to a DVD to play on a stand-alone DVD player connected to my TV. FYI, I tried exporting numerous times with different option settings including (1) unchecking "Prepare for Internet Streaming", (2) Prepare for...Fast Start, and (3) Prepare for...Fast Start Compressed. None of these worked.

PowerMac G5 Dual 2 GHz Tower and Intel MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 2.5 gb Ram, 2-LaCie 500gb Externals, RCA Digital Broadband Modem

Posted on May 25, 2010 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2010 11:47 AM

If it will not work on your G5, try it on your Intel Macbook.
5 replies

May 25, 2010 1:14 PM in response to ovelky

The reason I think this is worth trying... A G5 should have enough processor speed, but it lacks a graphics card that can offload the processor for some of the heavy lifting...therefore less resources available for audio.

Also, I would recommend that you create a duplicate of your project and cut it down to about 5 minutes or less (go to Project Library. Right-click on project name, and select Duplicate). Then you can test this without waiting 4-5 hours.

No audio when exporting to Quicktime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.